What is Ergonomics?
Ergonomics is the practice of fitting a job to a worker while taking into consideration the task and the worker's physical characteristics.
What is cumulative trauma or repetitive motion injury?
Cumulative trauma or repetitive motion injury is a disease that involves sustained micro-traumas of the musculoskeletal system (muscles, tendons, ligaments, nerves or joints).
It arises as a result of excessive or prolonged exposure to:
- Forceful movements, such as gripping too tight or typing forcefully
- Repetitive movements, such as continuous typing or clicking the mouse without taking breaks
- Awkward postures, such as elevating the shoulders to type
- Static postures, such as working for long periods without changing positions or taking breaks
What are some familiar names for repetitive motion injury?
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Neck tension syndrome
- Low back pain
What are the symptoms you should look for?
- Neck, shoulder or back pain
- Pain, numbness, tingling in wrist or hand
- Decreased strength
- Pain at night
(650) 938-1087 :: email@example.com